Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Dress

This year we dithered and churned over the question of the Christmas dress. In the beginning of December, we decided that the dresses were too expensive and that she did not need a dress that she could only wear one month. Towards the end of December, however, I felt differently so on he last Saturday before Christmas we drug the whole family to the mall, which I am pretty sure Cory still curses me over. We went to several shops that didn't even have anymore Christmas dresses still in stock. We found only two stores that carried what was becoming the elusive Christmas dress, Macy's and Gymboree. Macy's dresses were all $25.00+ and we didn't even love any of them, except one that was $45.00, way too much! This led us to finally end up at a store I NEVER shop in because I know it is too spendy, Gymboree. This shopping experience was, contrary to my presumptions, not only pleasing but affordable. We ended up with several dresses we loved and decided on a cute two piece jumper and turtle neck that she can wear thru may with no major residual sign of Christmasiness to it; total price with tax $23.50, yeah for us!

No comments: