Tuesday, December 18, 2012

HKWC Stocking Event 2012

For the 3rd year in a row we participated in the Helping Kids With Cancer socking auction. This year I donated a kitchen kit I put together it even won honorable mention he highest honor for a non-architect or interior designer professional who enters (below is a clearer pic of the bowl, but some of the fun stuff was not in it yet). The charity even re-auctioned off my Wizard of Oz Stcking stocking from the year before.
This year I not only got to participate in the stocking auction but also was asked to become a permanent member of the committee board Helping Kids With Cancer, which is an honor for me to be apart of.
My job on the the committee was to create and put together New Patient Diagnosis Bags. These are bags that are put together for patients who come to the children's hospital via the ER or Life Flight with a new cancer diagnosis. This is a project that is ever going and will require is putting together about 180 bags a year.
This was he first year that I also got the honor or handing out a stocking to one of the children in the hospital and it truly was a real blessing for me to experience and see how blessed me & my family are. Channel 2 News followed our charity around this year as the winner of Pay it Forward as we set up and passed out a couple of he stockings to the children in the hospital.
This is a wonderful opportunity I am able to participate in every year and I am already looking forward to and brain storming for next years great stocking to make & auction off.

1 comment:

Amber Madsen said...

Your FAMOUS!!! I totally saw your camio in the news clip!!! I'll have to get your autograph when I see you next!!! What a fun thing to look forward to for you!