Sunday, August 30, 2009

Too Fat For This Farm

I am a bit behind in posts so scroll down to view all 4 posts.
-
The Baby Farm:

Joshie (the photogenic one)

Well, the rumors are true, I am officially on bed rest now. The Dr. told me to expect it 6 wks from the end and here we are, a bit early, but more or less right as he said. My last appt showed that the twins are growing perfectly and are even above average in size for a single child, no less twins. This does, however, cause extra strain on me and I started to prematurely dilate. I now see my Dr. every week to watch for signs of early labor, but over all I still feel fine, just a bit bored. The largest change to be made now is how to take care of a busy toddler on bed rest...trick question, it's impossible so Grandma Fergy has very graciously volunteered to take Phoebe during the days. Every morning now, daddy drops Phoebs off for some hard labor canning, swimming and I am sure treat eating if I know Grandma Fergy and then Grandma brings her back at 2pm for her nap which lasts almost until Daddy comes home. I think it will be a doable and hopefully non so inconvenient arrangement for everyone in the upcoming next 6-8 wks.
-
Below are some more pics of Joshie; if you look close enough, you will just see a glimpse of a sweet little face that looks like both Phoebe & daddy.

-
Now that you've seen the fat ones in the farm, here is a picture of what they are making me look like at 30 wks pregnant. I am the fat farm! As I look at myself normally I know I am a bit bigger, but seeing pictures of myself always give me a surprising new view of my actual prego size.

5 comments:

Motion DeSmiths said...

oh man. Being bored sucks. When I was bored in Hong Kong I became addicted to Feminist Mormon Housewives. Also--check out BYU Independent study FREE classes. Most of which are pretty rudimentary, but still may be a nice structured diversion. Let me know if you want to hang out! I have Wednesdays and Fridays off.

Anonymous said...

You look super cute. Take care of yourself.

Emily Alder said...

Let us know when you're planning to have the name blessings. We can come whenever you'd like us to. We thought we'd be able to come in January, but it turns out it would probably be better to come before January.

Obviously you don't have to decide right now, but I just wanted to let you know that we will work to be there!

The Nelson Family Smorgasbord said...

Oh, Jennie, you are hilarious. I'll think of some fun things you can do while on bed rest!

Lauren said...

Wow, bed rest with a toddler! You are so lucky to have some family around to help out. Hope everything is going well for your family.