Sunday, August 30, 2009

August Amusements

I admit it, here in the Ferguson home we are a bit of procrastinators so what does the middle and latter part of August mean to us...time to squeeze in all our someday summer activities.

Liberty Park

Liberty Park is a community party near downtown that has lots of fun activities for the wee ones. We had the opportunity to play in the wading pools and waterfalls, visit the gardens, and even partake in a free lunch program that Salt Lake offers in the summer.

I love this picture of Phoebe's fat cousin Zack, he appears to be contemplating things over.

Baby Showers
In the middle of August I had the opportunity to throw a baby shower for my neighbor Krisi and if you know me, it is something I get excited to do. I planned and made everything from invitations to treats and gifts. Baby shower gifts/crafts are something that I really enjoy researching for ideas and making, so I was thrilled that several people wanted to go in on a group gift and gaie me the funds to make 2 of my newest baby creations; a baby cake and baby wreath. Both were fairly simple to make and turned out stinkin' cute in my opinion.
These two pictures are of my last baby gift creations, they were onsies I turned into lollipops.

I Can Dress Myself
Phoebe is just getting to the stage where she likes to dress and undress herself. This was one of her outfit creations I found her in after nap time one day. The boots add just the right touch I think.


Readin' Fool

This is a common scene in our home. Phoebe loves books & often goes to her book shelves and grabs every book off of it and piles them all on the couch for us to sit and read together.

Visitors Beware
Where has the privacy gone? This is what happens lately every time one of us uses the restroom. It is also not uncommon for little arms to reach under the door or to have constant knocking on the door while a little one says, "Hello, hello, mama/daddy." Just a warning, potty at our home at your own risk.

1 comment:

Taylor Family said...

At least Phoebe will sit outside the bathroom, content to peek under the door. Paige throws a fit if I try to use the bathroom and she can't come in.