Monday, September 24, 2012

Fergy Labor Eve

Every Labor Day eve the Fergy Clan always gathers together for a good ole back yard camp out. This year, however, the camp-out part was scrapped, but we stilled gathered and had a yumm-o dinner  dessert. We had kinds grumpy kiddos so I didn't get picks of the dinner, but it was dutch oven and it was great! After dinner the kids and Alan played football which you can see they LOVED, then we moved on to what I call the main event...the smores bar.
My SIL Charisse suggested that this year we make a smores bar since seeing a million ideas for them all over Pinterest. This idea was DELICIOUS and definitively needs to be a new tradition. There was about 20 + combos of  smores possible in our bar and I loved every one of them. The kids didn't actually love smores but they did like roasting the mallows and eating the chocolate.
After dessert we hung around for a bit longer, but the kiddos were just about cooked themselves so we called it a night. This is celebration is always one of my favorite I look forward to every year and now with a smores bar ta'boot I will anticipate it just a little bit more in the years to come!

1 comment:

Annie said...

That smores bar looks like something I could really get behind. =) What a great idea! I hope you guys are doing well!