Thursday, February 17, 2011

Where Are My Babies?

For the past couple of weeks I have struggled with giving in to the fact my babies are growing up and time is running out before Sophie Marie joins us. I know I need to take one wall of their cribs off so they can adjust to normal beds, before being thrown into the mix of having bunk beds and Phoebe joining their room next month, but then I come in and see Cami jumping up and down and andacting so cute so I will lift her out and  once again I want to shy away from doing the inevitable bed changes.
The twins are so eager to begin doing all the things that they see Phoebe do that Cami often believes she needs to sit at/on the table to eat her meals instead of her highchair.
Where  are my babies? I don't know... all I seem to find these days are these three toddlers, who all weigh, play and act out the same.
 Side note: Yesterday morning at the breakfast table I asked Phoebe, "What do you want to do today?" and she answered. "I would like to want to know the scriptures are true."  I am not quite sure what to do with that, but unfortunately we were never able to find out because she spent most of the day in timeout. At the end of the day I had to ask, " Phoebe why can't you mind at all today?" to which she replied, "because minding makes me sad." Oh kids, how can they be so frustrating and make you want to lash out violently one second and then laugh the next.

Today I am trying a new approach... the spray bottle, it worked for our animals growing up & then again for Cami and her insensate need to play in the trash can so today maybe it will work for non minders and naughty boys who climb on tables and sit on computers alike. 

No comments: