Friday, April 17, 2009

The Unusuals


So there is a new show on ABC called The Unusuals, I am pretty sure I have one of those, mine is called Phoebe. In the last month she has really started to become a toddler and enjoys doing strange things such as sitting and squeezing into places only she could fit. Example 1: she gets into my cupboard and empties out a space and then squeezes her little body right in between the tortilla maker and the blender, she then shuts the door and sits there in the dark. Example 2: Uncle Davey as a joke put her on top of Grandma's fridge, but it turns out she loved it there and didn't want to come down, this is now a routine thing to do. She is a strange child with little to no fear of anything.
On another note, this week was our 3 mo Drs appt and the stats are as pathetic as ever!
18 mo checkup stats:
Height: 30 in
Weight: 17.9 lbs
15 mo checkup stats:
Height: 29 1/2 in
Weight: 17.1 lbs
We have been threatened within an inch of our lives that if we do not gain serious weight in the next month we might be looking at a feeding tube. I need suggestions on how to get a picky eater (aka. food seems to disgust her) to eat both 100% protein a day and 150-200% of fiber a day. Her favorite foods are Chocolate and Cheese but we have to cut out the cheese from her diet now & we only get chocolate when we are a good eater, so almost never. Now I am struggling with how to trick some good foods into her, I need some help please! I have tried about everything I can think of so I am throwing it out to ya all now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drug her!

Emily Alder said...

You've probably already had this suggestion, but kids react really well to games and competition.

There's a woman in my ward whose daughter is 7 and has the same problem with not being able to gain weight and she would give her presents when she made weight milestones. I'm not sure if Phoebe is old enough to understand a reward system, but it seems to work well with most kids.

Jess said...

Phoebe is really cute little but living with a feeding tube would be horrible! My last resort with Taylor is to make him a smoothie. I don't know if Phoebe would like it or not, but if I have enough yummy fruit/yogurt in it, I can sneak in veggies, wheat germ, flax seed meal, etc.(I think they have protein powders you could sneak in) If I let him use a straw he usually drinks it right up! Some little ones don't like the texture of different foods, so that might be something to look into. Good luck!