Friday, March 6, 2009

What to do in the Winter???

As the winter seems to drag on forever, I am running out of things to do for fun. I have lately created a girls group that meets on the 3rd Tuesday of the month, for this months activities we are creating tutus and taggies blankets. I having never actually made either I decided I should give it ago.
This cute pink tutu is the one I made for Phoebs & as for the taggies I made; it turned out so cute I am going to be selling them in a boutique March 19-21st at Pioneer Hall. Sewing the taggie blankets have taken up most of my time, which is good because we running out of fun things to do inside and am resorting to less constructive activities, such as reeking havoc in my Tupperware cabinet and strewing all the bowels and lids everywhere.
Yes, that is an ice cream bucket on her head. She was holding it up so I took it as a hint and helped her put it on her head. She laughed for awhile, but when the poor thing tried to get off her head she couldn't figure it out, so hints the picture where she gave up trying and just sat down to watch her show with the bucket still on her head.

On a more positive fun note, this week I finally made a final push to finish Phoebs room. Many months ago I put up pictures in Phoebs room in an effort to create a cute nursery. The nursery only got half finished because we never had any bedding to match, only some mix matched quilts. This week I finally went to Ikea and to get Phobes some bedding and a few other cute room items, which I was successful in doing! The bedding is cute and looks so fun in her room , however, it doesn't match any of the pictures I put up. Maybe in another six months or so I will get around to fixing the pictures and it will be all done.

1 comment:

Taylor Family said...

Can you give me directions on how to make the tutu. I've seen them around and always think they're way over-priced, but they look simple enough I could probably make one with a little help. And tell me about your blankies (is that what they were?) that you made for your boutique. I want one.