Thursday, October 18, 2012

Phoebe is FIVE!!!

I can't believe my LITTLE Phoebe is 5?!?! This was I think the first year she actually understood enough to really look forward to her birthday in fact she tells me quiet often the only items on her yearly calender of events are her birthday Christmas an daddy's birthday, he rest are just not important enough to remember. On her birthday we all got up early and dressed since we had to take daddy to work, which meant we had to get ready extra early to leave enough time for present to be opened too.
Phoebe got tons of way wow-y gift this year thanks to the help of uncles & grandparents! Her favorite thing was surprisingly enough the little purple purse, bracelet and headband, although she told me she loved it all!
 For school this year Phoebe took giant pixy sticks which I am sure all the parents were thrilled about as their kids bounced off the walls with too much sugar.
After school we made a qick stop after school to Nothing Bunt Cakes to have Phoebes pick out her cake. I asked this year if she wanted to help me make a cake or go to the store and pick one out and she sharply replied that you don't MAKE birthday cakes you go to the store and pick them out. she also told me that for her birthday meal she wanted cheese but no just any cheese she wanted a pile of parmesan cheese and nothing else. Unfortunately, that was one request I couldn't comply with so instead we had pizza, but it did have a lot of cheese on it. 
The little bunt cake didn't make for a fun looking kids cake, but it is what she picked out so I guess it looked fun for her. After dinner we quickly put Sophie and the twins to bed while our neighbor sat and we headed out to the home show. We got free tickets to go to the home show since we refinanced our home this year and Phoebe overheard me asking Cory if he wanted to go and so Phoebe jumped on the opportunity to quickly requested to go on her birthday night. Since it was free we agreed thinking she would probably regret it, but actually she LOVED it. We were only gone for 1 1/2 hrs and she was on a special date with mom and dad in a fun place with lots to see from the comfort of her own stroller.  If you asked her what her most favorite party of her birthday was she will tell you it was going to the home show, which I am surprised even puts above her presents, since Cory and I thought it was a bit uninteresting.

My Phoebe is 5, but she is still my little girl weighing in at only 28 lbs. I have forbid her birthday from taking place, but every year this girl manages to sill get older on me.

1 comment:

Ashley Ferguson Moreno said...

Isn't it funny what things kids end up liking? I cannot believe she's still only 28 lbs!!!