Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Our Good ole Fergy Father's Day 2012

As was with the case on Mother's Day our Fergy Family did most of the Father's day celebrating on Saturday. We started with Cory taking Cami on her date while Phoebe Josh & I (Sophie was the lazy bum napping) spreading new bark dust & putting out IOU new flowers signs, I was going to actually buy and plant the new flowers, but SOMEONE (daddy) came home too late on Friday night for me to get out and get them. Later that night we went to Sweet Tooth Fairy and got some FREE Father's Day cookies, Sophie LOVED her double fudge one! We had to then hose all kiddos down after that mess. For an extra special treat after the kiddos went to bed, Cory and I made homemade Butterfinger ice-cream (WAY YUMMY) & watched our new movie, Sherlock Holmes 2.
On Sunday we were too rushed & tired to do a special breakfast although I had good intentions to.  Instead, Phoebe woke us up several times in the night running a high fever, same thing Josh had earlier in the week, it only lasts EXACTLY 24 hrs. Since it was Father's day I let Cory stay home with Phoebe while I took the rest to church, which he said, "Was the greatest Father's Day Gift Ever!" For dinner I made his favorite rubbed steak and attempted to make him the infamous Donna Shkapich Chocolate Cake. I made 2, the first one unfortunately fell apart as you may see in the picture, but once you put the frosting on it, it still looks totally awesome and tastes pretty much like I expect heaven to feel like. The second cake went to his dad for Father's Day since he LOVES chocolate and Cory's mom doesn't so he doesn't often get it.
We didn't go way out this year for Father's Day as far as gifts and activities, but I think everyone enjoyed the relaxing feel to our fun family holiday!

No comments: