Friday, February 4, 2011

Party On pt 2 & Only 15 Months late

Last Saturday a friend of mine, Stephanie, took me out for a late birthday celebration.  We started by going to a day spa for manicures & pedicures only to find out that the place that we had made appointments for a month ago and had pd gift certificates to was now out of business.  Feeling a bit annoyed we went on with our next plan which was to go eat.  We were too early for the lunch we had planned so instead we ate a late breakfast & boy I am thrilled we did!!!  The place we went was some place neither of us had ever been to but, it came highly recommended and now I pass this recommendation on to you all.  If you in the SLC area you must go to Gourmandis Bakery.  Here is a picture of the breakfast I ate.  Sorry, I ate half of it before I remembered to take a picture so think of all this deliciousness x2.  The berries were some of the best I have EVER had & it only was $4.75 for it all!!!  I can't rave about t enough I am craving it just thinking of it.
After breakfast we went and had to pay again for pedicures, but it was worth it; both Stephanie & I needed them really bad!  With my toes all beautified it was then off to the nest party, the Fergy clan V-day apron sewing party.   
We picked a new fun pattern and got together and sewed our holiday/everyday aprons. Here are 3 of the aprons completed. I was about 1 hr late so like always I had to take mine home to complete it. After only about 45 minutes my cute reversible apron was complete.  One side is for v-day and the other for St. Patties day; a rather genius idea I came up with myself.

On another sewing note, I have been trying to finish up undone projects lately which included Cami's baby blanket from mommy.  I figured it is only 15 mos late, but she really wouldn't have even appreciated it until now anyway.  I chose to make her a rag quilt like her twin brothers, but I didn't want to make all the little squares so she has cute stripes, a cute pattern I made up on my own.
It turned out cute and you can see the front vs back with fun bright flannel colors just fitting for our wild baby Cams.

No comments: