Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I'm a Big Kid Now

I have been putting off the change from cribs to toddler bed for the twins, but after an indecent with the bottom cream being smeared all over Cami I decided it was time for the change. I later discovered Cami smeared the diaper cream all over herself, but still it didn't change the fact that I've become too pregnant to be able to reach Cami's crib mattress to change her greasy sheets.

The twins haven't adjusted to the change as easily as Phoebe did.  I think the fact that they always have a playmate around helps to prohibit their sleeping.  They instead play with each other for hours instead of sleeping, which makes for two VERY cranky babies which was the case in the picture below, both are just sitting on the floor screaming their guts out after not napping for the 3-4 hrs that should have been nap time.
 
We have now had to resort to one child sleeping in a potable crib for naps while the other tries to sleep in their bed.  Cami prefers the crib, but I think it is more for the fact she can then reach in her drawers and pull out clothes rather than the crib being better for her sleeping.
It has been a couple weeks now and naps are still a struggle, but I am happy to say nighttime is not a problem; both twiners choose to sleep in the middle of the floor next to one another.

No comments: