Monday, May 24, 2010

Sew Determined: April & May Editions

For April, I took a beginners sewing class at Joanns, since I have taught myself everything & I know I am missing a lot.  This class, except for a few terms, turned out to be a complete waste of time & money. 

For May, I descided I would make pit holders and aprons for Mothers day gifts.  I loved the aprons so much that I also made myself one. I have discovered a sewing website called sew4home, it has tons of cute patterns and all of them are free; this is where the patterns for the aprons and pot holders came from.  I was impressed on my potholders how straight my stitching turned out.  YEAH for me!

Here are all three aprons I made.  The green and cream one went to my mom, the flowered one when to my mother-in-law and the pink one was obviously for me.
I was especially proud of how these aprons turned out because I had to figure out everything without asking either mother.  I learned how to make a button whole and how to miter the corners with biases tape. The projects turned out to bt fairy simple just time consuming.

3 comments:

Emily Alder said...

I love those aprons! Very fashionable.

Amber Madsen said...

I love the aprons!! I will definently be frequently visiting that free pattern website!

The Petterssons said...

I love your aprons! They turned out darling! And your yard is gorgeous--nice work! When our family is not ill any longer, we need to have your family over for a get together!