Thursday, June 11, 2015

January 2015 Tidbits

We started off the new year with lots of snow left over from our Christmas snow storm about 9 in of the fluffy stuff, in fact we discovered it was soo fluffy that we wouldn't get a snowman to roll or stick together for we made a snow-mound and decorated him.
After the kiddos were good and frozen we went to Mom Fergy's and watch the Ducks soundly win the Pack 12 championship!
Josh got a new book for Christmas called I'm so Mad, which quickly became his favorite and we often found him "reading" it in his room. In January Josh also wrote me his very first note, an apology note, which he did on his own...I was highly impressed! Josh also a sock for preschool show and tell because the theme was blue. I really tried to get him to take ANYthing else, but he wasn't having it so he shared his blue sock.
Sophie finally joined the siblings in primary class as our little Sunbeam... Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam!
Phoebe got to attend the Great to be Eight class and learn about baptism and activity days, she is super excited to be baptized this year.
My preschoolers made these brown things and brought them home. I thought they were home made potato heads, but they kids later told me they were the "black prophets that saved the world." It finally clicked that they were art projects for Martin Luther King Day. HaHaHa
Towards the end of the month we went up to the Elwell's house and celebrated little Leo's first birthday with fun snacks and a pinata.
For an early birthday present Cory took me out to dinner and then for a sleigh ride up to the ice castels which is something I have been really dying to see. I LOVED them, totally awesome and I was thrilled we were able to see them for the only 4 days they were open this year, since it was too warm of a winter for them to be maintained.
A couple days after the ice castle adventure I celebrated my 35th b-day. I got lots a fun things among which was a new vacuum from my parents something I REALLY needed!
We also took Phoebe in for her first blood tests on this day to rule out thyroid problems being part of her lack of growth issues.
For dessert we got cupcakes from Smith's and discovered that they have some of the best cupcakes and they are cheap, I know where we will now forever get our birthday treats!
In the very end of the month Phoebe's school was recognized by the French Government for their French program's excellence and were visited by French officials and received many new french books for their library and in return the kids gave a cute short French music concert.

No comments: