Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Pseudo Mother's Day

This year for mother's day I made my mom this picture with photos that Cory's twin Dave's girlfriend Michelle took. Cory so kindly then Photoshopped all the pics together in a 16x20 size which we cut down to fit an 8x20 picture frame we found.  It turned out really nicely and I wish I had a picture of the final product but, I forgot to take one.
As I blogged before and mentioned I was still the hospital on actual Mother's Day, but in hopes to have a more enjoyble mother's day celebration, we chose to postpone Mother's Day for a week. This was great because the I got to have all the great celebration traditions like sleep-in (if only for 20 extra mins) and pick my own yummy breakfast, etc. For my gift the family got me a cookbook that I had been loudly hinting that I would like.
This is a cookbook accumulation of all the recipes found on one of my most favorite cooking blogs, Our Best Bites. Now I don't have to use all my ink & paper printing out all her recipes and tutorials!  Tonight I am making my first meal out of this cookbook, yummy French Dip Sandwiches 
For the rest of Mother's Day I just got to relax, nap, & enjoy myself.  I didn't even have to think about dinner because our wonderful church brought us dinner.  Overall, it was a pretty great day, with hopefully many more delicious meals in our future, thanks family!

No comments: