Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patty's Day

NOTE: There are SEVERAL new posts so be sure to continue to scroll down.

As you can see by the countdown, today was St. Patty's Day. We did several new things around the Fergy home to celebrate this day.
We started the morning off with a treasure hunt to the leprechauns gold. Phoebe was thrilled when she discovered that the gold was candy.  She shoved 3 of them in her mouth before we got it all picked up.
The tricky leprechauns also turned our milk and pancakes green. Side note, I must admit drinking green milk grossed me out a bit
For dinner we had a traditional Irish fare of Corned Beef and Cabbage.  My family always makes this for Paddy's Day, but it was my first time making it for Cory and it turned out great!  
We had fun celebrating and it will be even more fun next year when Phoebe will be old enough to realize some more of the holiday celebrations.

1 comment:

The Nelson Family Smorgasbord said...

Amazing, you are!!! Simply Amazing!!! I'm pretty sure the day came and went without Charly even knowing it was St. Patrick's Day! *sigh* I do have the first day of Spring coming up....maybe I can think of something shnazzy for her to do then!! Ha!;-)