Saturday, November 15, 2008

Phoebe vs the M&M Machine

For my job I have an M&M machine & trampoline in my office. As I have had the tramp put up and the M&M machine hidden, this was the first time both were in plain site of our little busy curious Phoebs.
We will first cover her love of the tramp. The mini tramp has been very exciting for Phoebs; she has spent much of the time this week climbing on and off the tramp. Once this week, when climbing off, she went face first off the end. It was a bit scary for us all, but it taught her to now climb off bottom first. As she is beautifully demonstrating in this picture. (This is something we have been trying to teach her with the stairs, but until now she has not seen as needful to know.)
As a side note, Phoebs has also learned to bounce herself on the tramp which is one of the funniest things I have ever seen her do, it looks like she is wiggling her little bum all over the tramp and then quickly swinging her arms so she bounces.

This brings us to her second love, the M&M Machine. The second Phoebs spoted the big yellow M&M her eyes lit up and she was trying to figure out a way on how to reach it. Her best plan was to act like she wanted me to hold her and then when she is in my arms, she could reach out behind me and get it. (She is a smart little determined one.) After a while this got really old for me so I finally just set down the M&M machine with her on the tramp. I wasn't sure if she would be bright enough to work it after watching me only once getting an M&M out of it for her. Well as most of you know, chcolate is her most favorite food group in the world and once she knew that chocolate was hidden in tht brightly colored toy she had the will to figure out how I worked it...where there is a will there is a way, as shown below.

No comments: