Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Food Ritual


Recently I stopped asking myself why the food must surround us at every meal instead of staying on our plate or in our bowl. This also means I have stopped trying to fight our wee one to eat off the spoon neatly or immediately pick up any food she drops or tosses on the floor. Instead I have discovered that our wee one is just too stubborn to have any help eating, she will eat, but only on her own terms. This means it must be dumped and when she gets out of her seat she will discover all the food she threw down there and eat that too as if it was a special treat. She is like a dog I had growing up, the food was not good until it was put on the floor first.

2 comments:

Charisse said...

I love when they figure out that throwing things on the floor is funny! Cute Pheobe!

Jess said...

Haha, so true! We call those leftovers!